What 16 Real Estate Investors Are Grateful For This Thanksgiving
Real estate investing is a field that rewards hustling. Most of us are chasing down opportunities seven days a week. With Thanksgiving upon us, I thought it would be a could time to reach out to other leading investors to find out what they are thankful for. So I posed the question many of the country’s leading real estate entrepreneurs, What is a property or deal, person, experience, book, video, or conference that has been influential to your business’s success and you are grateful for?
Thank you to the 16 active investors who responded. Read on to learn about the people, books/podcasts/videos, and events/moments have been influential to active, successful real estate entrepreneurs:
Best Ever People
- Theo Hicks – Joe Fairless. Would have never gotten the confidence to pursue my first apartment syndication deal if I had never met Joe!
- Holly Williams – I would say this really smart kid named Joe Fairless from Texas in the Big City. Happy Thanksgiving to the Growing Fairless clan, my friend.
- Whitney Elkins Hutten – Lane Kawaoka and Chris Miles. Future Apartment Syndication Goals: Joe Fairless.
- Mike Knudstrup – 1. My local real estate entrepreneur group where a few presenters owned MHP’s (mobile home parks). 2. Parents of friends and acquaintances who owned parks and it worked for them.
- Julia Bykhovskaia – My man Tony Robbins! It was at the right place at the right time for me two years ago. All I’ve heard is “you have to burn the boats,” have to “make a decision and have absolute certainty,” and “you don’t need to know how; the how will come.” Three months later I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad and got even more convinced that being an employee is not the way to go. Fifteen months later, I left my J.O.B.! the “how” of course became real estate.
Best Ever Books/Podcasts/Videos
- Grant Rothenburger – Mine is lame but honest: Rich Dad Poor Dad for opening my eyes to real estate in the first place.
- Trevor McGregor – Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill has been a game changer throughout my entire Real Estate Journey. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn’t read it, or if you have read it, pick it up again or be sure to listen to the Audio Version (When you’re not listening to the Best Real Estate Advice Show Ever – Podcast with Joe). Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
- Glen Sutherland – Long time listener of the show (Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever). Appreciate all your time you put into it.
- Michael Collins – The Strangest Secret, Earl Nightingale. Timeless advice. Thirty-one minutes long on YouTube, loaded with great information.
Best Ever Events/Moments
- John Jacobus – The first Best Ever Conference in Denver in 2017. This was a game changer in terms of forming new partnerships with real estate entrepreneurs, sparking new actions, and building momentum.
- Adam Adams – Best Ever Conference
- Charlie Kao – A lot of moments but being on my very first podcast which happened to be BiggerPockets. I kept getting asked to be on other podcasts and had a lot of people reaching out to me for advice and it dawned on me how much more I was really capable of. I have doubled or tripled our business every year since the podcast.
- Cory Boatright – 1. My first short sale that I stumbled into with negative equity and created a short-sale empire that made millions in revenue. 2. The first time I sold six-figures in one hour from stage in front of 500 people. 3. My experience at the end of 2012 with thyroid cancer. 4. I am grateful it happened because of GratefulProject.org and the many miracles that came from waking up and being aware of life in a new way. 5. Meeting my wife and two step kids. Skydiving to overcome my fear of heights?
- Dustin W. Miles – I wouldn’t say it was any one experience/book/conference, but a collection. One of the first memories I recall is from childhood. I played soccer on a team with a kid (we were around 10). His parents owned many skyscrapers around Fort Worth. I would say that first opened me up to the idea of “why not me?” I would ride my bike around Fort Worth wondering who owned all the other buildings. Fast forward to today, we are working on our ninth syndication in the past five years.
- Jason Stofer – For me this is easy…I just came from it! Adam Triple A Adams event Raising Money Summit!! I have already rewritten my business plan, reworked my website, and am now working on my mind-map.
- John Fortes – Grateful for real estate entrepreneur communities and networks such as these and all educational platforms whether it comes from books, podcasts, videos, and conferences as you mentioned. At the end of the day, I’m just happy and grateful to be here breathing this beautiful air and sharing this earth with my loved ones. Thank you for asking. Happy Thanksgiving & God bless!
What are you thankful for? Add your comment below and tune into my Best Ever Show for more conversations between experienced real estate entrepreneurs!