TOP THINGS I RECOMMEND
- Spending time with the ones you love and love you.
- Having a big ole cup of water with a scoop of wheat grass every morning.
- Appreciating what you have.
- Reading lots of books then acting on the advice in those books that speaks to you.
- Creating something around something you enjoy then cultivating it daily for 90 days to determine if there's a biz idea within that venture.
- Focusing on the solution and next step, not what already happened. However, always try to find out how the bad thing happened to mitigate it from happening again.
- Putting yourself in the best position to be massively successful by identifying what you're really good at and then identifying a way to build a biz around it.
- When you think about doing something nice for someone do it at that moment in time. Stop everything and make a call. Send a text. Write a letter. Buy a present. Make an intro. Thoughts are just that - thoughts. They don't show up in the real world unless you act on them. And others can only experience the benefits of our thoughts by us taking action on those thoughts.
- Surrounding yourself with the right people. High achievers with strong morals and character. People who fill you up. Not drain you. "You are the product of the expectations of your peer group," says Tony Robbins. Be careful here. Be selective.
Oh....you wanted to know the products and services I recommend!?! Ohhhhhhhh...ok, well I've got that for you too! Most of the links are affiliate links.
MULTIFAMILY BOOKS I RECOMMEND
- Commercial Real Estate Investing by Dolf De Roos – love the creative ideas for achieving extra income in this book (i.e. cell tower, helipad, etc.)
- Property Management by Robert Kyle – a big hefty book that is very comprehensive on property mgmt.
- The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apartment Buildings by Steve Berges – LOVE this book and it is a MUST read for any multifamily investor
- How to Take an Apartment Building from Money Pit to Money Maker by Craig Haskell – helpful book when you are going to re-position a property
- Multifamily Millions by Dave Lindahl – enjoyed reading this guide as it gives a lot of practical and actionable tips
- Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff – holy cow, if you are raising money (i.e. syndicating deals) then you have to read this book!! Oren shreds previously held thoughts on how to raise money and I’ve applied it in my own biz with tremendous success
IF YOU WANT TO DO A PODCAST
I like to keep things simple because that'll increase your likelihood of sticking to it which will help you be more successful with it.
- I use a computer.
- An ATR2100 microphone
- Cheap earphones
- Mic stand
- A foamy spit protector thing on the mic. I like these colorful ones because they make me happy
I do the interview via Zoom, where it is also recorded within the zoom portal. I use Evaer to record the call. I now hire an editor; however, when I started I edited my own audio file via Audacity. The file is uploaded to Libsyn. Libsyn then publishes to the universe (iTunes, Facebook, my blog, etc.).
I recommend using Libsyn and encourage everyone to follow this link www.libsyn.com and use the code JFBEST to receive one free month of hosting!
MULTIFAMILY PODCASTS I RECOMMEND
- Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever– real estate professionals give their best advice ever with a slant towards raising money and buying apt communities because that’s what I do
- Apartment Building Investing with Michael Blank – as the name suggests this podcast is strictly focused on apt investing
- Investing in the United States. An Aussie’s Guide to U.S. Real Estate with Reed Goossens – for international investors seeking to learn how to invest in the United States this is your podcast. Reed is a client of mine and I helped him create this baby
- BiggerPockets - long-form podcast that has some phenomenal multifamily investors on the show. If you haven't joined the community then go over there an set up an account because being active on the site WILL increase your bottom line.
- The Old Dawg's REI Network - great long-form podcast that is actually targeted towards senior citizens, which is a very unique angle.